So, I went started back to work yesterday….half days! It went well, but I was very sore and tired when I got home. I spent the rest of the evening in my ice machines. I had PT before work and we are changing our approach to get me stronger (which is very important based on what I found out today!).
So, I’ve had another set back!
I heard from my surgeon on Sunday. Since I only got about 50% relief of my symptoms, he didn’t feel that my issues are coming from my joint. He suggested I see another specialist in town. He is a primary care sports doctor. I see him next week to see if we can figure out my lateral pain. In the meantime I decided to see if how long it would take to get in to see the surgeon who did my hernia repair. I called yesterday and surprisingly they could see me today. My plan was to see the sports doc and then see the hernia surgeon, but since I could get in today….I took it.
His cases ran late this morning, so he was running about 90 minutes behind. If you remember I saw him before my hip surgery because I really wanted to makes sure I knew what I was getting in to…..at that point I didn’t have one.
He walked in my room, just shaking his head. He told me he saw my name on his schedule and really hoped it wasn’t another hernia. We talked through what’s been going on and then he examined me. Yep! Another hernia. This one is more distinct than my last one and I have the adductor tendiopathy too! He wants to do the same thing we did on the left side….laparscopic repair w/ adductor needle tenotomy. We didn’t schedule it because I need to talk to work and my PT. She didn’t want me to schedule right away because she wants to give me a few weeks of intensive strength building to get me stronger before I have another surgery.
I am trying to wrap my head around this! This will be my 5th surgery in <2 years. I have to figure out the timing.