Weekend update

The weekend came and went and I think I may have overdone it.  Saturday started out slow, but then my mom and I went out to run a few errands.  I got the opportunity to drive and it went well.  We ran to the local amish meat market, grocery store, and one other stop to pick up yarn so I can finish the scarf my mom wants.  We then headed back to my parents.  I rested for a bit and then we made a few meals so I’d have food for the week.  I got a new kitchen toy (Instant Pot- electric pressure cooker) and we made two dishes in it and then a pot of soup all in less than 2 hours.  I really like the Instant Pot!!!  The rest of the evening was spent in the chair crocheting.  I slept in the chair again Saturday night.

Sunday was pretty uneventful.  I wanted to get out of the house because it was almost 70 degrees out (in February)…it was also wicked windy!  We’ve been watching a lot of HGTV while I’ve been off so we decided to go walk around a local antique mall.  About half way through I was really hurting.  I told mom we were going to have to leave soon.  We picked up our pace a little over the next 4 rows and then hit up this gold mine of old barn wood, doors, and other fun things in the back of the mall.  Mom wants to make a cool table out of reclaimed wood and we found some great pieces.  She and my dad will go back and get it this week.

We headed home because I was exhausted.  Mom made grilled cheese and we ate the gumbo we made the day before.  We then packed up my stuff and came back to my house.  I am so thankful for my parents (especially my mom) and all they did for me over this last recovery (and the previous two as well).  I enjoyed the company and was thankful, but I was ready to be back in my space.  I slept on my couch until about 3:30am and then I was back to the chair.

I had to go in to work today for a few errands and I was EXHAUSTED.  My stomach hurt and I just didn’t have any energy….I think I overdid it over the weekend….and today too!  I don’t have to do anything until Wednesday afternoon…so I’m just laying low in my ice machine until I see my surgeons!!!!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s